Checkout footer Simple theme - adding text

Matt_pets
Tourist
9 0 6

Hi. I have to add some text to the checkout footer to be compliant with GDPR rules. Could you please advise how to do it?

Regards

Mateusz

Replies 11 (11)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@Matt_pets 

Thanks for post

can you please try this

Settings _ Shopify.png

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Matt_pets
Tourist
9 0 6

HI @KetanKumar

I have all my policies in place but external app provider wants mi to add additional text in the checkout footer. The way they want to me to do this causes some issues with the website. It's nothing major bur would like to have it clean and just add that text under links with policies.Screenshot_20200610_102727.jpg

Screenshot_20200610_102352.jpg

Screenshot_20200610_102940.jpg

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@Matt_pets 

Thanks for update 

do you have shopify plus plan?

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Matt_pets
Tourist
9 0 6

@KetanKumar

No, just basic

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

oh, Sorry for that Shopify basic plan doesn't allow to checkout page custamization if you need this this so please upgrad you plan

https://www.shopify.com/plus?utm_source=shopify&utm_medium=docs&utm_campaign=checkout_liquid_layout

_glorydayz_
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey Ketan,

I have the same problem.  I am using the mid-level plan($79 a month). Is there a way we can add this in the code to underneath the "Sign Up" sentence

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@_glorydayz_ 

Thanks 

sorry checkout page customization allow only Shopify plus plan 

rbnali
Shopify Partner
23 1 12

Hi @KetanKumar , how do you this with a Shopify Plus plan?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36845 3636 11978

@rbnali 

it can be done customization code 

Widmung
Visitor
2 0 2

I have exactly this same problem on my checkout page when I add this message to the Checkout Shop Policies under Checkout Languages, and the neither external app developer nor Shopify have any way around this issue 😞

Widmung
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi @Matt_pets , 

I think I found some sort of workaround this problem. Instead of adding the additional text under "Edit Language > Checkout & system > Checkout shop policies > Privacy policy", add it to "Edit Language > Checkout & system > Checkout marketing > Accept marketing checkbox label"

It will look something like this:

Widmung_0-1617621466709.png

And then on the checkout page it will look like this:

Widmung_2-1617621619495.png

It's not the most ideal but it's the only workaround way I can think of given the limitations of the checkout page and edit language. Hope it helps 🙂