Checkout is currently unavailable due to technical problems. Please try again in a few minutes.

BCSCustom
1 0 0

I am not on a free trial and it is still not letting me check out an item www.bcscustom.com is the website and the password is bcs123 if it asks. 

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
198 24 26

Hey @BCSCustom,

Finley from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues and seeing an error when checking out an item.

We don't currently have any open issues relating to the checkout, however, I'd like to take a further look into this to see what this might be.

A few things I ask that you check are:

1) Try clearing the cache of your current browser. Do you still see the same error afterward?

2) Can you give this a try from a separate device and browser? A few supported browsers include Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

3) Have you already selected a plan? You'll need to do this for the checkout to be available to your customers. You won't be charged for the plan until your free trial ends.

Next steps

In case you continue to have an issue after going through the above steps, I've sent an email to your Shopify Community email address.

Please respond with your .myshopify.com URL and I'll be able to help you further from there.

All the best,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
GilbertPH
1 0 0

Same problem is occurring with me. Also SSL is not updated? 

Created the site today, Paid it today only. Is it normal both of the issues? or there is a problem?

Capture.PNG

Thank you,

Gilbert

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
198 24 26

Hey @GilbertPH!

When you add a custom domain to your store, an SSL certificate will be created automatically.

It can take up to 48 hours for the SSL certificate to provision. A provisioned SSL certificate is required for your checkout, which is why you're seeing this error.

I expect that your checkout will work correctly within 48 hours of connecting the domain, however, if you have any further issues, please let me know.

We'll be able to look into your account and troubleshoot which issue this might be.

Thanks, Gilbert!

0 Likes
mowheels
1 0 0

I am getting this same error. I've cleared the cache, I'm on chrome, and I am on a completely different computer. I have a shopify plan. My store is only open with a password as I work out all of the kinks. BUT I have tried numerous times to order and keep getting that exact message. Is there any other information on this problem?

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
198 24 26

Hey, @mowheels!

I'm sorry to hear that about this error message at the checkout. Thank you for letting me know the steps you've already taken.

Can you confirm at which stage of the checkout this error is appearing?

Is this immediately after you navigate to the checkout, whether you click the Add to cart button > Checkout, or click the Buy it now button?

Do you also have a payment gateway set up under your Shopify Admin > Settings > Payments section?

I've sent you an email to your Shopify Community email address in case we need to look into the specifics of your account.

Cheers!

0 Likes
justingotthardt
Tourist
5 0 1

I just had the same problem.  I solved it by taking the password off my page and putting it live! 

0 Likes
ayesha-saddiqa
1 0 0

Hi,

I am looking for same problem. check.PNG

0 Likes