Checkout steps

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

After clicking "Checkout" on the cart, the page automatically goes to payment info if an account already exists. It skips customer info and shipping info. I understand the need for checkout conversion but my customer does not need checkout conversion. The customer info and shipping info should always be part of the checkout process. Is there a way to force it to go to the next step and not skip customer info or shipping info? They have Shopify Plus.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10007 116 1823

This is an accepted solution.

You can just alter for the form post url to this:

action="/cart?step=contact_information"

In this case it doesn't matter whether you're using Shopify Plus or not as this happens cart side.

This won't stop someone from just navigating directly to "/checkout" but if you're looking for a way to manage from the checkout button you may find that helps.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Thank you Jason!. I swear I tried this and got some error but maybe I misspelled the url.. This works great.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi Jason. I have the same issue as the thread strater. I'm using the venture theme. Where can I place this code to make sure customers always start on the contact info step when they check out?

action="/cart?step=contact_information
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

is it possible to group both checkout steps into just one? So a user would see an overview of their order, shipping / billing address and how would you like to pay all in one page? I can't figure out how / where / if I can change any of that template!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jason, can you clarify where I need to change the post url? I'm currently using the 'Supply' theme, looking in the cart.liquid file.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi,

I measured my checkout loading speed today. Even with all customizations, it has good loading speed. But I use Checkify's checkout page, not standard: https://checkify.pro/

0 Likes