Choosing products for 'Product Recommendation'

quiztrail
Tourist
9 0 5

Hi,

My shop now has 'You May Also Like..." on each product page. I would like to choose which products show in this section - how do I do this?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1183 154 193

Hi, @quiztrail! Thanks for starting this thread. Which theme are you using? 

At the moment, I’m afraid there isn’t a built-in way to customize product recommendations on any of the free Shopify made themes. This is because Shopify has developed its own algorithms for product recommendations. The system pulls data on products that were purchased together, as well as products with similar descriptions, to provide a mix of these as recommendations for the product currently being viewed.

When there is no data regarding co-purchases or similar products, a collection-based product recommendation option will be shown. This fallback goes to the collection from which the URL was generated, and pulls other products from that same collection. If the product did not come from a collection URL, the system will find collections the product is in, and pull other products from those - ‘All’ and ‘Featured’ collections would be excluded from these though.

That being said, customizing the recommendations would require advanced development skills in order to include or exclude certain products from showing. Therefore, if this is a customization you’d like to move forward with, please reach out to a Shopify Expert via the Experts Marketplace to discuss it further.

Hope this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes