Code to change Minimal Theme background

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Can someone please help me with the code to place in the the theme.scss.liquid file so I can add my image as the background. I have already added the image into the Assets and I was following everyone else’s suggestion codes but none of them are working for me. I also have the timbers.scss.liquid file and tried it under there too with no luck.

ta.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 4 6

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @myztifiedgiftz,

What is the size of your image? do you want it to repeat? How should the size be displayed? Cover?

Here is the code 

body {
  background-image: url("https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0033/5003/6549/files/young-man-checking-phone.jpg?v=1537682027") !important;
background-repeat: repeat;
background-size: cover; }

Let me know if that's what you are looking for

Want to get customization to your store or bug fixing quickly? Hire Me for an hour for only $20 (Or get a fixed quote)
Hire Me For
  • Store Setup
  • HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery and Liquid coding
  • Bug Fixing

Email at umairabbascs@gmail.com or visit YoFlare

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Do I place that at the end of the page code.

Basically I just want to replace the background solid colour with a background with stars or something different. I haven’t double checked what the size of the images are yet.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 4 6

Yes copy the code at the end of your theme.scss.liquid file

Edit code -> Assets -> theme.scss.liquid

Want to get customization to your store or bug fixing quickly? Hire Me for an hour for only $20 (Or get a fixed quote)
Hire Me For
  • Store Setup
  • HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery and Liquid coding
  • Bug Fixing

Email at umairabbascs@gmail.com or visit YoFlare

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Umair,

Are you able to help me with another issue this time it is to do with removing a code from my product pages as per the screenshot attached. I had Paypal Lay-buy it Now app but I removed that but now I have this still stuck on my page.

20200808_114504.jpg

0 Likes