Code to create a carousel for my testimonial section

amandacastler
Tourist
5 0 1

I'm adding some reviews to my testimonial section and would like to know what code could be used to create a carousel to my testimony section? Can someone guide me with this cause my technical knowledge is zero. Thank you!

0 Likes

Hi,

Go to your theme Assets > theme.js and search for the theme.Testimonials function. (Note : first take backup of your file code)

theme.Testimonials = (function() {
    var slideCount = 0;
    var defaults = {
      accessibility: true,
      arrows: false,
      dots: true,
      autoplay: false,
      touchThreshold: 20,
      slidesToShow: 3,
      slidesToScroll: 3
    };

here, you will find slider option named autoplay: false,now, make make this option value true, like following

theme.Testimonials = (function() {
    var slideCount = 0;
    var defaults = {
      accessibility: true,
      arrows: false,
      dots: true,
      autoplay: true,
      touchThreshold: 20,
      slidesToShow: 3,
      slidesToScroll: 3
    };

now do save file,

Refer this URL It has useful tips :

https://elfsight.com/tutorials/how-to-add-testimonials-slider-widget-to-shopify/ 

https://outofthesandbox.com/blogs/shopify-theme-blog/testimonials-shopify-theme-section 

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Elfsight
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Hi guys,

@oscprofessional, Thanks for recommending us!
@amandacastler, you can use our Testimonials Slider for easy placing your testimonials on the website. We'll be happy to answer all your questions.

Best regards,
Elfsight Team

0 Likes