Collage to grid products in Brooklyn theme collection

Tourist
7 0 1

Good Evening!

I am having a difficult time changing the product collage to grid order. I found a few snippet examples but none of them worked. I know I am on the product-grid-item.liquid page.

Thank you for any help in advance!

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 53

Hi, Sinisa.

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

Is there a reason why you were looking to enable this feature within the code, rather than the Theme editor? 

Most sections can be edited by going into Online Store > Themes > click Customize. From here you can select a section and then define the Grid style by choosing an option from the dropdown like this:

If there's a certain page or section where you're wanting to apply this, but you're unable, please let us know some more details here! Share links, screenshots, or code.

Since you are using a Shopify-built theme like Brooklyn, feel free to email us for some more support and coding changes if you'd prefer. Check out this doc for some info on our design policy, and how you can get help!

If you are looking to make some changes to the product code, it sounds like one of these snippets files might be what you're after Online Store > Themes > Actions > click Edit code > click Snippets > select file to view and edit.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Max!

Thank you for the quick reply :)

So.. I see what you did there, however I am trying arrange the products within the Collection list itself and not the Featured Collection. I believe you can only change it in Theme editor if you are working with the product arrangement(grid/collage) in a Featured Collection, and not in Collection List. 

That's why I am now looking through the code to see how I can change it in there..

I look forward to your reply!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 53

Hi, again!

Do you mean the Collection list on your homepage?

If so, this section is only built to be displayed in grid format, the layout changes slightly depending on the number of collections chosen to be displayed. 

If you were wanting to make this into a collage-style view this would be something you'd need some coding to finesse, though, I'm not sure if this would be the best option for buyers. If you could share a link or some more details on what and why you were trying to make this change, that would be helpful. 

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Max! 

What I mean is, I would like to set up my product display in some form of a grid within the collection list. If you take a look at the screen shot below, you will notice I have opened up a collection list and now you have the products, one big image and 2 smaller ones. Instead of this set up, I would like to have the product images all the same size and in form of a grid.

Thank you for all of your help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 53

Hi, Sinisa. 

I think We might've gotten to the right spot to make changes thanks to your last post!

1. Head to Online Store > Themes > click Customize
  2. Navigate through your online shop to a collection page. This will change the sidebar menu to reveal a Collection pages section.
  3. Click this section to reveal Settings and the Grid style.
  4. Select Grid from the dropdown and Save

If you have any more questions about how to navigate your theme or make some edits like these, please feel free to reach out to support directly!

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

1 Like
Excursionist
12 0 0

OMG thank you so much Max ! I had the same issue and spend hours trying to figure it out before finding your informations

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 53

Hey, @TheFrenchWitch.

That's so awesome! Glad to hear that this was helpful for you too. Seeing others get results from public responses in our forums community is so gratifying. 

Wishing you all the best with your shop! Be sure to reach out if you need any more support later on.

Max

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am having this same issue, I dont know if the theme has changed since May but mine has always defaulted to collage and I cant change that I also dont have that option you last highlighted?

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.58.21 AM.png

0 Likes