Collection - Feature a subset of collections on a page

2 0 1
Hi. Any chance of a reply please? Thank you for making the time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4
Hi completely new to Shopify and to HTML coding, but I've been playing around with this for one of my pages and you can change how big/small the collection images are and also how many in a row.

To change size look at line 15, where it says large this can be change to small, compact, medium, large & grande

To change how many collections per row look to line 9. Where it says third on each ID you can change it to the following, half for 2, third for 3, quarter for 4, fifth for 5, sixth for 6 and so on though I have not tested it above 6.

In doing this I was able to create 3 separate page templates with 2 collections in a row, 4 and also 6. Although I am experiencing an issue mainly visible on mobile site where the image furthest on the right is clipping with the edge of the screen will update if I fix it.

Hope I've helped
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4
Hi completely new to Shopify and to HTML coding, but I've been playing around with this for one of my pages and you can change how big/small the collection images are and also how many in a row.

To change size look at line 15, where it says large this can be change to small, compact, medium, large & grande

To change how many collections per row look to line 9. Where it says third on each ID you can change it to the following, half for 2, third for 3, quarter for 4, fifth for 5, sixth for 6 and so on though I have not tested it above 6.

In doing this I was able to create 3 separate page templates with 2 collections in a row, 4 and also 6. Although I am experiencing an issue mainly visible on mobile site where the image furthest on the right is clipping with the edge of the screen will update if I fix it.

Hope I've helped
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

This doesn't work for my site unfortunately. Have tried playing around with the code but so succes yet. Hope a different solution comes along!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

Hi Harry,

Do you know whether this would also work to create collections within collections? Meaning, if we created a new theme page with a masonry grid of thumbnails, representing different collections and then, clicking one of the collections (i.e. Dishware) would open another page with sub-collections (Cups, Saucers, Plates, etc.) ?

Thanks for the info on how many collections per row.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4
Hi Andrea, I'm sure you could work this out somehow in the code however my
knowledge of website scripting is very rudimentary and I would not really
be able to help. Although i would say a main concern would be that the
script originally provided automatically populates each individual
collection based on what is in your navigation section for that page and
you would need to mayble look at this from a different angle bearing in
mind what you actually would want is for a page that shows pages then when
you click a picture that links a page that would then bring you to this
type of collection grid page.

Hope I've helped in some way :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

Thanks, Harry. I think we just need to figure out how to set up a grid of images on a page so that it looks the way we want...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

After trying many things I noticed that the variable uses_minimal_framework on line 5 includes a snippet product-loop. Checking my snippets folder, product-loop.liquid does not exist. I simply deleted the code: {% include 'product-loop' %}

This worked and my collections list is now displaying max per row rather than just 1 stacked on top of each other.

Note I did use @HarryFitz  's suggestion to change the size on line 15. This will dictate how many collections are shown per row.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Tried it too, but no luck. Which theme do you use? I have Prestige.

0 Likes