Hello Sir, was there a solution found about selecting custom images for the collections instead of importing the 1st product image by default?
I found the specific code that requires an image url but there is only one section and i have 8 different images that i would like to upload.
Thanks in advance.
I have been trying for hours and I finally found a way how to show more collections in a row. I adjusted the collection_item_width. See below. Hope it's helps you.
I do have a problem myself since the 'breadcrumb' is not showing on my collection page. Does someone have a solution? It is showing on all other pages.
Does this subset work with venture. I can’t seem to get it right
You can feature a subset of collections on a custom page by editing your theme code. This tutorial shows you how to create a new page template and assign collections to show by using a menu.
All Shopify stores have a collections list page at the URL www.mystore.com/collections that shows all of the collections in the store. As an alternative to this tutorial, you can edit your collections list page to show only a selection of your collections.
Note: Because every theme is different, when you make these changes, the styling might not appear as expected.
Create your new page template
You will need to create a new page template to assign to pages on which you will feature collections.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Find the theme you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit code.
- In the Templates directory, click Add a new template:
- Create a new template for page called list-collections:
- Paste this code hosted on GitHub at the very bottom of your new page.list-collections file.
- Click Save.
Create a page on which to feature your collections
To create a new page:
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Pages.
- Click Add page.
- In the page editor, enter a Title in the text box provided. Note that you must use the same title for the menu that you'll create in the upcoming steps.
- Assign your new template to the page by selecting page.list-collections from the Template suffix drop-down menu in the Template section:
- Click Save.
Note: Even if your new page is visible, it won't appear in your online store navigation automatically. You'll need to add a link to it in a menu.
Create the menu that controls which collections are shown
In this step you will create a menu that controls which collections are shown on your new page.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
- Click the Add menu button:
- Give your menu the same Title as the title that you gave the page that will feature your collections. For example, if the page you created has the title Living Room, then you will give your menu the title Living Room:
- Add links to your menu for each collection that you want to feature by clicking Add menu item. Choose collections from your store by clicking on Collections in the drop-down menu for the Link text box. It is important to link to your collections in this way, instead of adding a URL to the text box:
- Click Save menu.