Collection Image Not Updating on Front End

PixelRelish
7 0 0

Not sure if I should post this question here in Design or in Technical Q&A, but since I found the basic idea for collection lists here in Design, I'm posting here.

I use menu lists to show curated lists of collections. Works fine, only if I update the Collection Image (Admin > Products > Collections > (collection name)), the updated image does not ripple through to the front end. It shows up correctly on the back end in both the Collections thumbnail list + on the Collection page.

See screenshots (URLs also supplied below).

Yes, I have cleared browser cache. I've also tried other browsers.

The only way I've found I can get the image to update is by using an add-on app, Collection Import/Export, to manually edit the collection image. Very annoying to have to pay a monthly extra to update such a simple thing!

Isn't there a Shopify way to correctly update the collection image?

I do not use the image on front-end collection pages, btw, I use Promoboxes; meaning cannot go to individual front-end collection pages to test if the correct image is loading there. 

Site is, obviously, in-progress

URLs (two instances not updating; each uses {{ collection.image }}, merely formatted differently.

• row 6 (medium screens on up) of https://dominiquecohen2.myshopify.com/pages/stacks-the-new-black (site pw = gierta) I accidentally originally uploaded the landscape version of the photo I want to use; updated to the square version more than two days ago, yet list doesn't update

• pics 3, 7, 8, etc (all the ones loading as square rather than landscape) on https://dominiquecohen2.myshopify.com/pages/shop-the-look-gallery (site pw = gierta) (list is in-progress; ignore that some photos are missing; that's not the issue)

Here are relevant screenshots relating to the ...stacks-the-new-black (first URL) instances:

collectStacks-FrontEnd.pngcollectAdminThumbList_ed.jpgcollectAdminPg.pngimgURLs.pngcodeForFrontEndList.jpg 

0 Likes
PixelRelish
7 0 0

ADDENDUM – Sometimes, rather than "replacing" the existing collection image, if I delete it, then save the page, and only then add a new collection image, the frontend updates; other times it does not.

0 Likes
PixelRelishDC
8 0 0

Seems to be working better now so long as I delete the old image, save; add the new image, save; then add back in the alt text.

0 Likes