Collection Page with sort order

Highlighted
5 0 0
Hey there, I tried searching but didn't find what I'm looking for. If I'm not using the right terms I apologize.

I would like to display the contents of some of my collections in a list rather then a grid, and then show the sort order as well. At the top I would have a diagram embedded that people can use to reference the product in the list. Has anyone done this before?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 33

Hey, @rtagster!

My name is Sunny from the Shopify Guru team and I would be happy to help with this!

To make sure I understand your request correctly, are you able to share an example of what you are looking to achieve? Perhaps a link to an online store that has this set up already or if you can share your own shop with me and explain in more detail where and how you would like it laid out, that would be very helpful to make sure we are on the same page. 

When it comes to adjusting the collection layout from grid to list, that would depend on what theme you are using but normally, you would need to choose one or the other, not both. With that being said, some themes will have both grid and list options so you can decide which you prefer! What theme are you using? I'd be happy to check if that is a native feature for your current theme or not, and then lay out your best options moving forward. 

Please let me know if you have any questions at all and I look forward to hearing from you!

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 3

Not really anything to do with sort order.  Maybe support can change the Subject heading to display order?

I came looking to find answers to be able to custom sort a collection.

0 Likes