Collection Page with sort order

Highlighted
5 0 0
Hey there, I tried searching but didn't find what I'm looking for. If I'm not using the right terms I apologize.

I would like to display the contents of some of my collections in a list rather then a grid, and then show the sort order as well. At the top I would have a diagram embedded that people can use to reference the product in the list. Has anyone done this before?

See the attached image for an example.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1838 176 676

Hi, well it can definitely be done - using an alternate template (or if you don't need the grid based view at all then simply modifying that) for your collection whereby it doesn't go through the usual HTML divitis (excuse the lingo, that's the bunch of nested > nested > nested > nested <div /> elements) but simply render in to a <table /> element. Or modify the CSS to use table based layout. Either way, can be done though a little care must be taken to make sure it shows well on mobile devices with smaller views.

Sorting by table header could be done via JS.

The reference image would simply be the collection image.

So while entirely possible, unless you feel comfortable with HTML, CSS, JS and a little Liquid, it would be best to find a Shopify Expert and have them help you out because a complete how-to with code would not be within the scope of a forum post IMO. Alternatively, maybe some theme exists that has a table / list based collection page - don't know any off the top of my head. Likewise, maybe so app exists though for such a modification I'd stay away from apps.

Hope this helps (at least for an overview if nothing else)!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey thanks. I was able to get the collection page to be a list. But can't figure out how to grab the sort order number and display that to the customer. 

0 Likes