Collection specific product descriptions

MSOBallard
Excursionist
16 0 3

Hello Community!

I am looking for what I hope is a simple customisation that I can then manage ongoing will make batch product descriptions much easier.

I have a small number of collections. My main collection handmade dolls has 2 parts to the product description 

Part 1 - Intro to this specific product

Part 2 - Information about the products in this collection (this part is the same for all the products in a specific collection).

What I would like to be able to do quickly is bulk change the product description (part 2) across all products in that collection.

Currently all descriptions are manually indeed to all products.

My store is: https://lulludolls.co.uk/

Collection in question is: https://lulludolls.co.uk/collections/handmade-dolls

Thanks for your help!

Mike

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
744 82 169

Hey, @MSOBallard 

I found a third-party app that I believe will accomplish what you are looking for. Product Descriptions That Sell.  With their app you can create as many sets as you want and you can display them anywhere such as, on all products across your store, or selected products or selected collections. Their app demo can be found here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Propero
Shopify Partner
685 80 117

@MSOBallard 

Mike,

You have a couple of options

1. Import the product through CSV where you copy-paste the common portion in one shot

2. You can create a custom template that you can assign to all the products of this particular collection so the common description will already be populated

3. You may also explore putting the common description as specifications in metafield

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in

MSOBallard
Excursionist
16 0 3

Thanks Dirk - however, I don't really want to pay an ongoing monthly fee for I am sure I could workaround for free or pay a (hopefully) small one-off fee to solve.

Thanks for looking into this howeer, much appreciated!

0 Likes
MSOBallard
Excursionist
16 0 3

Hi @Propero 

Thanks for the super fast response!

Are options 2 and 3 something you could exlain in more detail here or would it be better to contact you directly?

Many thanks

Mike