Collections Images don't show up on website.

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I have added a few products and placed them in new collections I created.  My products are showing on the website put I the new collections in which they are located do not show up on my website.  How do I get the collection images to show up?  I assume, if the collection image does appear on the site it would take you to the products located in that collection.

Thanks for the help.

Rodger A. Kaufman

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1890 1 408

This is the link that lists all of your collections.  Does it list your new collections?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Alex yes it does I think I corrected the problem, do you know if you can create a sub collection with in a collection and how?  Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1890 1 408

Technically Shopify does not allow the creation of subcollections within collections.  Instead, you can create subcategories within collection.  Small difference, but I hope this works for your shop.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Alex,

Exactly how do I do this, I don't see where I can associate subcategories with any collections.  For example lets say I have a collection that is called Mopar then from there I create other collections like Dodge I want to put in the Mopar or associate it to it? 

Thanks for all your help and professionalism.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1890 1 408

In your example, you have a set of products in the "Mopar" collection.  From here, edit the tags of these products.  For example, if you want the product to be put in the "Dodge" subcategory, give it the "Dodge" tag.  As far as Shopify is concerned, there is no association between Mopar and Dodge.  It just so happens that some of the products in the "Mopar" collection have the "Dodge" tag and others products don't have the tag.

When you create the navigation link for the Dodge products, be sure to choose the "Mopar" collection and then filter by the "Dodge" tag.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Alex, I'm having the same problem, how did you fix it?

0 Likes