Collections Not Clickable?

Solved
Excursionist
21 0 3

I have 8 collections on my home page, if there are no items in a collection, nothing happens when you click on it. Is there a way to change it so that it still takes you to the page, but then there are just no listings, or maybe some text that says "nothing in this category"?

Shop is BlackCoyoteJewelry.com password is paisley

For example, currently there are no listings in the "Dropper // Vial" collection. When it is clicked, nothings happens.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
218 22 36

Hi, @JanelleG!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'd be happy to take a closer look into this and ask our Theme Support team if it's something they can help you customize.

Can you tell me the name of the theme you're using? Some of the free themes from Shopify and paid themes in the Shopify Theme Store do replace empty collection pages with a "Sorry, there are no products in this collection" message, but not all themes include this feature.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 3
I am using debut theme.
There is something in the above mentioned collection now, so new example collection would be “Earrings”
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Expert
2674 65 664

Janelle, 

Debut theme prevents you from going to empty collection pages from the "Collection list" section.

This can be changed by a theme edit -- open your collection-grid-item.liquid  Snippet, find this code

<a href="{% if collection.products == empty %}#{% else %}{{ collection.url }}{% endif %}" class="collection-grid-item__link">

and change it to 

<a href="{{ collection.url }}" class="collection-grid-item__link">
Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
2 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 3

Thank you so much!!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
218 22 36

Thanks so much for sharing this solution, @tim@JanelleG, were you able to implement this change on your Debut theme?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes