Collections on Catalog page

Solved
Tourist
25 0 1

Maybe I'm missing this, but on my catalog page, all the products are listed.  I want when customers click on the catalog link on the main menu, to see the collections.  THEN click on a collection to see all the products in that section.  

I cannot see how to do that.  When I'm in the theme layout and I click on the catalog link, I can't see how to do that.  One on the home page it's easy to create a collection row, but not on the actually catalog page???

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 26 66
Hi, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team.

By the sounds of it, you've just connected a collection rather than a collection list. They're very, close, but the collections list shows all of the collections for that page and the collection page shows all of the products that are in the collection. Bit of a tongue twister, but does that make sense? 

To add a collections list the first thing that you'll need to do is go into the Store Admin and click on Online Store > Navigation > Main Menu. Once you're in there you'll be able to Add Menu Item and under Link, you can click on Collections > All Collections

It will look something like this:
23-35-12vbz-tiktb

After that's been set up click on Online Store > Themes > Customize and you will be brought to your theme customizer. At the top of the page, you'll see a bit of text that says Home Page and it will have a little arrow by it. Click on that and then click on Collection List

On the left-hand side, you will be able to select if you want all of your collections shown or if you just want a select few. If you want a select few then you'll have to click Add Collection
23-38-jchzc-z6z01

This will enable you to have some of your collections showing as a list when you click the item in the navigation menu item. Then when you click on each image you will only then be shown all of the products.

Does that help with what you're looking for? If you have more questions or need more assistance please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best, 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hello , i know problem with you , i created app for this , you can install  app free here https://deprohoang.com/sections-pro/install/

0 Likes