Collections will not show

Solved
eyvonneb
2 0 0

Hello, 

I've created collections, I've made them "Available" but when I add product and try to link the product in the collection, using the "search for collection" box, the collection does not show up. Any ideas why?

website screen shot.jpg

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
413 53 94

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @eyvonneb!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'll be happy to help you out today with adding products to your collections. When a collection isn't appearing in the search, it may mean you've added an automated collection. Creating an automated collection involves setting up conditions to match the products that you want in the collection. For a collection to appear in the search option, it would need to be a manual collection.

To find out the type of collection you've created, head over to your Shopify Admin and click Products > Collections. Click on the collection and scroll down. If you see a section called "Conditions", the collection is automated. If conditions don't exist, then you're dealing with a manual collection.

From your post it sounds like you have set up automated collections, so you will need to set up conditions so your products can be added into each collection. To learn about setting up conditions, I recommend checking out this guide. It will walk you through how to use conditions in your collections.

If you're unsure how to move forward from here, please let me know.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

eyvonneb
2 0 0
SO with doing this though, I cannot use the hulk infinity options to create
drop down choices for size and also color of shirts correct?
0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
413 53 94

Hi, @eyvonneb!

If I'm understanding correctly, you're using an app to customise the variants in your products. If that's the case, the way a product is set up is not affected by the collection type it's in. Products can be in multiple collections, so there is no negative effect on these.

For example, let's say you're selling a t-shirt with a smiley face. This could be in a collection called "T-Shirts" and also a collection "Happy". Whether those two collections are automated, manual or one of each, it won't affect the product setup itself.

If you are running into issues, my suggestion would be to contact the app developer for assistance.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes