Solved

Color Swatch colors not showing up

kbraly
Tourist
11 0 3

I have the Prestige theme and have just figured out the color swatches - but for some reason only one color shows up despite every variant having an attributed color image. How do I fix this so the other image/color swatches show up?

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 1.35.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-20 at 1.37.51 PM.png

Accepted Solution (1)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

This is an accepted solution.

@kbraly 

sorry for this issue make sure your color name as per the swatch name for example your swatch color is black to upload assets for black.png if red swatch so uploads red.png same as all swatch image upload to assets folder then check

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

This is an accepted solution.

@kbraly 

sorry for this issue make sure your color name as per the swatch name for example your swatch color is black to upload assets for black.png if red swatch so uploads red.png same as all swatch image upload to assets folder then check

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
kbraly
Tourist
11 0 3

Thank you for the prompt reply! Yes I can confirm color names match. Do you think spacing (Caribbean Blue, Heather Grey) is the issue?

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 2.24.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-20 at 2.24.33 PM.png

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@kbraly 

standard color automatic  set but different color is required proper name and png formate 

kbraly
Tourist
11 0 3

1. Have to be png or can be jpg? Black is jpg and is working 

2. rename files to Caribbean-blue (using dash) to delineate the spacing ?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@kbraly 

caribbean-blue.png

kbraly
Tourist
11 0 3

No I'm sorry I've tried that and it still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

kbraly
Tourist
11 0 3

Oops I got it! I didn't upload the files to the assets- yay! Thank you!

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@kbraly 

it's my pleasure to help us

alejandradlpaz
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there! I have same problem, but I'm sorry I've tried everything here and it still doesn't work. Can you please help me?

corteric7
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue.. but what do you guys mean the "assets" folder? I can't find that anywhere? What if I am making up a color, like Midnight sand" or something? i CAN see the Assets folder in the "edit code" but then what is the code to add so the color swatches match up and are not empty/blank??

dragman
Tourist
9 2 2

Hi ! So I've had my own similar issues regarding this the last few days and just figured everything out. First off I want to ask are you using Printify at all? I ask because you can't change the name of the colors from Printify or it will desync your item. 

Regardless, this is what you do:
Say you have a shirt, you want to call it 'Midnight Sand' like you wrote, you would do that in the 'Products Section' under the 'Color' variant. Next you would want to make a small thumbnail of the color (Color Swatch). I tend to just use the 'Snip It' tool in Microsoft on a picture of the shirt I'm making to get the color, like below:

dragman_0-1628112470272.png
Once you've got that, you want to name it all lowercase with a hyphen in place of the space and also make it a png file:  midnight-sand.png  
You want to upload this into 2 locations (at least this is how it worked for me). The first would be in your settings under 'Files':
40.PNG49.PNG

I'm highlighting my 'true-royal.png' color just to show you an example. After you've uploaded to your files, go back to your store and into the 'Edit Code' section. Upload the file into your 'Assets' area by clicking "Add New Asset". Once uploaded, it should look like this. Make sure the naming stays the same between the files and assets section (ie all lowercase with the hyphen)

50.PNG

It should then work! 

dragman_0-1628112250263.png

Please let me know if you have any questions about what I wrote and I'll try to help 🙂  
Good luck!