Color swatch, label tag for showing selected option value

Steve94Bp
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi,

Somehow I managed to code  a color swatch succesfully to my theme, it's working Ok, but I just want 1 extra thing which I haven't been able to do yet.

Basically I want a label which shows the name of the color of selected variant.

Here is my code for the color swatch:

{%if option.name == "Color" %}
    {% assign file_extension = 'png' %}
    {%assign index =  forloop.index %}

<label>{{option.name}}:  </label> 
                <label> {{value}} </label>                  // This is the label where I want to show the selected option value.

<div class="swatch">
           {%for value in option.values%}

<input class="single-option-selector__radio " id="color-{{forloop.index}}" type="radio" name="color" value="{{ value | escape }}" data-index="option{{index}}" {% if option.selected_value == value %}checked{%endif%}/>

<label for="color-{{forloop.index}}" style="background-color: {{ value | split: ' ' | last | handle }}; background-image: url({{ value | escape | append: '.png' | strip | asset_url }})"></label>

{% endfor %}
        </div>

{%else%}

Do I have to use a forloop for that? I'm a bit lost with this.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,
Steve

Replies 6 (6)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 890

Hello,

Thank you for your question. 

Please share your store URL, page URL and also password (if your store has one) so we can help you.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials.
◦ Replace apps with copy/paste code snippets and save money.
diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 890

Hey @Steve94Bp 

Please try this:

{%if option.name == "Color" %}
    {% assign file_extension = 'png' %}
    {%assign index =  forloop.index %}

<label>{{option.name}}:  </label> 
                <label> {{value}} </label>                  // This is the label where I want to show the selected option value.

<div class="swatch" style="display:flex;">
           {%for value in option.values%}

<div style="display:flex;flex-direction:column;text-align:center;justify-content:center;margin-right:10px;">
               <input class="single-option-selector__radio " id="color-{{forloop.index}}" type="radio" name="color" value="{{ value | escape }}" data-index="option{{index}}" {% if option.selected_value == value %}checked{%endif%}/>

<label style="margin-right:0;" for="color-{{forloop.index}}" style="background-color: {{ value | split: ' ' | last | handle }}; background-image: url({{ value | escape | append: '.png' | strip | asset_url }})"></label>
                    <p style="display:block;text-align:center;">{{value}}</p>
</div>
           {% endfor %}
        </div>

{%else%}

Steve94Bp
Tourist
10 0 1

I don't want to show all of the colors below the swatchers, I want 1 row with the currently selected option value, and which dynamically changes whenever one of the swatches has been selected. 

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 890

Hello,

I understand. In this case, it would require Liquid/CSS/Javascript knowledge to implement a custom feature, I'm afraid that unfortunately there is no simple copy-paste solution otherwise I'd happily guide you through.

In case you're unfamiliar with these technologies you'll need to hire a Shopify developer to assist you.

Kind regards,
Diego

lichael06
Excursionist
29 1 9

Hi I also have the same question, Have you found any answer about this?

banned