Coming Soon Page & Password Protected Page

Highlighted

I am in developer mode and have not yet started a plan. My password enabled site loads directly at that page not my Coming Soon page that I have edited and am setting up for a prelaunch. How do I have the Coming Soon page load first and then if a visitor has the password they proceed to the password page?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 62 124

Hi there @danblair126!

Don here from Shopify.

Would you mind sharing a link to your store with me here so I can take a look at how this appears from my location?

It may just be the case that you are being directed straight to the storefront if you are logged into that store in your browser.

A member of the public viewing a password-enabled site would instead be brought to the password page.

If you can share the link to your store here I can test this out from here to see what we can see.

To ensure your password page is active, you can turn this on in the Online store > Preferences menu as outlined here on our help site.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
www.yourbusinessplanners.com I thought perhaps I was logged in and it was
taking me straight to that password page and skipping the coming soon page.
But when I logged out etc it continued to goto the password page.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 62 124

Hi again @danblair126!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for that link!

I was able to head there and see your store's password page straight away from my location:

_20-10-yee4u-m42yp

I'm not sure what you mean here by your coming soon page or how this would differ from your password page, could you explain this further for me?

How would you have set this up in your admin, and how would you have made that page viewable?

The more information you can give us here the better we will be able to understand and help out.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes, so I have edited my 'Coming Soon' page but that is not showing, instead it is the password protected page, the one you see. I would like to instead of this password page, actually load the coming soon page because it has different text etc, and the option to opt-in. I thought with the Coming Soon' page you had the option to login, which would then go to the password protected page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 62 124

Hi again @danblair126!

Thanks for that info, though I'm still not sure how or where exactly you had added and edited the coming soon page you are referring to here.

Can you let me know how and where you set this up in your admin so I can check this out with you?

I'm not aware of any functionality in the Shopify admin that would replace the password page we see entirely with another page that prompts you to proceed to that password page.

Would you be using an app or other customisation to add this functionality?

The more information you can give us here the better we will be able to understand and help out.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
So, when I customise my theme I can choose the password page. This is what
I see;

That is the Coming Soon page? I edited that and want to show it instead of
what's there now.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Screenshot_20201020-225822_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 62 124

Hi again there!

Thanks for that screenshot and info, I understand the situation now so that's very much appreciated.

I checked in with our theme support team internally, who wanted us to escalate this to them so they can investigate further.

I will shortly send an email out to the address we have on file here, if you can reply there we will be able to proceed securely.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes