Copy / Clone the pages to a new store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am new to shopify and I tried to solve this on my own and through the forum but I couldn´t find a solution, so maybe someone can help me.

Is there any way to clone / copy the pages (contact us/privacy policy etc.) to a new store?
I have duplicated my theme and that worked perfectly. But it only duplicates the design of the theme,  but not the pages.

Maybe anyone here that can give me a little help or a thread that already discussed that problem?

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 26 30

Hi, @aromizerhi,

Hank here from Shopify.

There are a couple of different ways you can duplicate or clone your store, but for any of the additional requests, an app may be needed. I will list some ideas for you below!

To start, here is our guide about backups and duplication and the most common way to export the data is through using CSV files.

If you do not wish to use the CSV option, as mentioned you can use some apps to assist with your duplication. I will list two apps for you to consider, but there are other options if you prefer in the app store also.

Replay has a guide here that goes through the process with their app, which you may find useful also.

Then another option would be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store. If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you.

Let me know how you get on with this!

All the best, Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1197 162 323

You shouldn't need to change your pages too much when you just switch a theme, depending on how your pages were created. If they were created in the Page portion of the store with the WYSIWYG editor or HTML editor, they should still be showing on your new theme because they are rendered with {{ page.content}}. A situation I can think of though, is if you've used a different page template for every page, in which case you would need to copy that page template and recreate it on the back end. As you switch a theme, if you were using page templates to make your pages, you won't be able to apply them to your pages because you can only apply templates from the current live theme. 

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes