Could someone please tell me what a Shopify web designer actually does?

1 0 0

Apologies if this sounds like a dumb question, however I'm not sure what the web designer actually does. I've received quotes from a few companies that quoted in the range of 30-50k for the design of a Shopify store. 2 have told me the pick out a theme and then customize it. Where does the extra cost come from? Is it just filling in all the informations, photo's, payment gateways etc?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1200 162 324

Holy ****. I mean, I make custom edits for people on their stores all the time. I don't know how they could really quote you without already having a list of things you want to do, plus you seem to be talking about building off of an already existing theme not designing a theme from scratch for you. I guess I don't really know what you expect from the developer, meaning I don't know if you're going to be putting in all the product information, descriptions, prices, variants, photos and all that stuff. There's also marketing and such, I don't know what they are saying they are going to provide. There definitely is a lot that goes into creating a Shopify store, but 30 - 50k sounds a little steep to me. 

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes