Solved

Coupon code discount on cart page before checkout

sunetra86
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

I want to create an option for the customers to apply coupon code on the cart page so that they get the discount before moving to checkout.

How can I do that?

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

tamalS
Shopify Partner
13 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

Shopify doesn't have any inbuilt option for this.

However, you can use Voila - Coupon Discount on Cart Shopify app to create:

i) A coupon code field where your customers can apply a discount code on the cart page itself before going to the checkout step.

apply-discount-field-on-shopify-cart.png

ii) Now the coupon code field is much more effective in reducing cart abandonment if you also show selected coupons on the cart page. Your customers will be delighted when they get a surprise discount and this reduces cart abandonment. 

With Voila you can also show selected coupons on a Pop-up which works like this:

Voila.gif 

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Tamal S.

Voila - Show Selected Coupons on Cart

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

tamalS
Shopify Partner
13 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

Shopify doesn't have any inbuilt option for this.

However, you can use Voila - Coupon Discount on Cart Shopify app to create:

i) A coupon code field where your customers can apply a discount code on the cart page itself before going to the checkout step.

apply-discount-field-on-shopify-cart.png

ii) Now the coupon code field is much more effective in reducing cart abandonment if you also show selected coupons on the cart page. Your customers will be delighted when they get a surprise discount and this reduces cart abandonment. 

With Voila you can also show selected coupons on a Pop-up which works like this:

Voila.gif 

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Tamal S.

Voila - Show Selected Coupons on Cart
sunetra86
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you.

I am setting this up.

I am also looking for a way to show product upsell at the cart?

I mean when a customer tries to checkout, I want to show accessories which should be purchased with the item.

Thanks

ShopDoctors
Shopify Partner
39 2 5

For the related products you can try the Related Products | Also Bought app. It makes it easy to display related products on the cart page to help customers find something that they may have missed.

For the discount there are a few apps, each slightly different. This one has a nice UI that works well with both manual discounts and automated discounts - Discount On Cart- Pro Edition

Nicole_P
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

A late response, but want to share a solution for this.

There is no OOTB Shopify solution for this, but there is some undocumented API endpoints that can be used to create this feature.

Check out Shopify Discounter Web Component , it supports:

1. Discount codes
  2. Automatic discounts
  3. Gift cards
  4. Discount combinations
  5. Multi currencies
  6. Internalization
  7. Style customization using css variables
  8. Place it anywhere in your store

Hope this helps.

freshwater1
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thanks so much for posting this reply! I had been looking for something like this for a long time. Do you know if there's any more information that what is found on that page? I'm curious as to how to implement the automatic discounts and if it is possible to extend the css customization beyond the variables provided (since it uses shadow DOM, it looks like only some elements are editable). Thanks again.

SingleLength
Excursionist
13 0 17

This is yet another ridiculously obvious missing feature on the Shopify platform. And yet again, their response - rather than fixing/adding it like they should - is simply "use a 3rd party app". 🙄

SingleLength
Excursionist
13 0 17

This is a worthless generic response which has nothing to do with Shopify. I'm guessing you just googled the issue and copy & pasted what you found?

As mentioned in the OP, there is no option to enable coupon codes on the shopping cart page in the Shopify platform. That's the issue.