Create a common link for product pages

Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi,

I would like to add a 2 links to some of my product pages. First link to the shipping page and second link to the size chart.

Is there a way to do it without doing it 1-by-1?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Hi, there!

Katy here from Shopify! Thanks for posting.

Is this something that you would like to link from the product description?  While we do have a bulk editing tool, this does not extend to product descriptions at this time. 

However, there are indeed ways to set this up to save you from typing it out 1 by 1. These options involve using an app such as Bulk Product Edit or by importing an edited CSV file

However is there a specific reason you would like to link from here in this way? It is possible to do, but perhaps you might like to consider a FAQ page which would include all of this information directly from your navigation. Or, by incorporating product tabs into your description- info on this here.

Do let me know your thoughts- I'm happy to help where I can.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi Katy,

Yes, I was trying to create a tabs! I checked the link which you have sent. But I do not have JQuery in my theme (I'm using Duet). How do I go about adding it to my header?

Thanks and regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Ah ok- that's great!

To add this, first and foremost I would suggest creating a duplicate copy of your theme. Testing this in a duplicate version of your theme gives you a clean back up.

Just to make make you aware that loading more than one version of jQuery on a website at a time can increase the load time of pages/ may cause additional issues with your code. Most themes do already have this added (all Shopify free themes should have this). However if you are confident that your theme is not already using jQuery, I'm happy to help guide you.

To add this, you will need to go to your: Admin > Online store > themes > actions > edit code> theme.liquid

Just above the closing </head> tag  at the bottom of this layout file, you can paste the following:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.2.4/jquery.min.js" 
defer=”defer”></script>

Then, from here you can continue working through the rest of the instructions. Though do let me know if you need a hand.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi Katy,

Thanks for recommending me to do a backup of my theme cos I kinda messed it up...

1. My Homepage image gallery is gone.

2. When I clicked the tabs, it leads me to the space below the product description.

3. How do I go about adding contents to the Shipping and Delivery tabs?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 146

Aw, I am sorry to hear that, but glad that you have a back up!

In this case, it may be that you did have jQuery added somewhere to your theme already.

I would love to have a look to best help you out. Could you share a link to your store with me so that I can see? This is helpful when troubleshooting here within our community. Though if you prefer not to share I can email you to check on this and see if I can help point you in the right direction.

Regarding each tab, a way to add content here is by creating a snippet in your theme:
Admin > online store > themes>  actions > edit code> snippets 

Then when you are replacing the code in your sections/product-template.liquid you can set this to include this new snippet name in single quotation marks like so:

Do let me know what works best for you - I am happy to help.

Cheers,

Katy

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi!

I am trying to create tabs too but have no idea how to do it. Has this been solved? Can I know the solution? I'm also using Duet.

Thanks!

0 Likes