Creating Latest/New Products arrival collection

Mohammed_Abuzai
Tourist
18 0 3

Hello, i would like to add a collection where it would keep store of the products added lately. I got the idea of doing a smart collection and setting the condition to price is greater than 0 but then i have to reorder the collection by created date newest to oldest. How can i do that? btw i'm new to this liquid stuff and so please be patient with me.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Mohammed_Abuzai
Tourist
18 0 3

solved.

0 Likes
Jonathan_Kho
Explorer
56 0 17

Hi Abuzaid

Can you share on how you resolve it?

Thanks.

Regards

Jon

0 Likes
Mohammed_Abuzai
Tourist
18 0 3

Go into the collection you want to have "Latest Arrivals", make it automated with a condition that price is greater than 0, then save and go back into the collection and choose the listing to be from newest to oldest. 

Hope you got it.

Jonathan_Kho
Explorer
56 0 17

Hi Abuzaid

You can improve it by limiting the number products shown or manually adding the product tags to it (automated with the condition).

By manually adding a tag, you have more control but it needs manual work.

If you are using the current method, you will see older products too.

I wanted to use the date feature(Show products added in the last 30 days) but noone in the Shopify forums does not seem to know how to do it.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Jon

Mohammed_Abuzai
Tourist
18 0 3

I did limit the number of products and made it automated better than manual.

Good luck.

Esther_Ang
Excursionist
23 0 5

Hi Abuzaid,

could you share how you limit the number of products to show using your method? Thanks!

shoppinggirl
2 0 2

what's the answer? how do you limit?

Liatula
1 0 0

Ho do you limit the number of products returned by a collection?

0 Likes
Vellir
Shopify Partner
132 29 33

Have a look at https://apps.shopify.com/newr

It can add/remove products to your new arrivals collection automatically. No code setup required.

I hope it helps.

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
- Manage your new arrivals with Newr