Creating a Customer Registration Form

29 0 0

In the shopify document it states to locate the 'Log in' code in the theme.liquid.  I am unable to locate the code. Does anyone have an idea of where this would be found in the theme.liquid. I have checked the "Accounts are Optional" on the Checkout pages.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
63 0 6

You might not have a theme that has those files, they should contain 'customer' in the title i believe

"The painters house always needs painted"
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9800 91 1553

This doc will provide some extra info:
http://docs.shopify.com/themes/theme-templates/customers

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
29 0 0

I have no knowledge of templates coding etc., I do have a list of customer templates in the template folder. Do you copy and paste what customer template needed into the theme.liquid? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
60 0 2

If you go into your theme editor and under templates you can create a new one on the drop down you can select additional templates There are several customer ones 

customer/accounts

I think is the one you are reffering too. It will auto populate code but can be changed from inside the editor.

Hope this helps

Spellmann & Associates Web Developer www.ericspellmann.com
0 Likes

There are 2 main templates in the liquid code that relate to this:

customers/register.liquid
customers/account.liquid

For newcomers to this thread, you can create custom registration forms using the Customer Fields app-- no coding required! We are releasing an update in 2 days with a new drag-and-drop form builder and tons of new features so you can easily gather unique customer data during registration.

If you're reading this before the update is released, you can preview new features on our website.

Michael | Business Development @ Helium
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
- User friendly apps with top-rated US-based support
Customer Fields App (since 2015)
Meteor Mega Menu App (since 2014)
0 Likes