Creating a text field below the collection in Debut Theme

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there. We're new to Shopify, soon to launch our first store, and are looking for some help with the Debut Theme.

We would like to add an extra text section that sits below an entire collection, much like the default text option sits above the entire collection. This text should be populated in the usual way, via the collection menu, so that we can customise the text for each different colleciton.

We understand it's possible to edit the collection-template to do this, but we're not sure how. Can anyone help or point us towards the right resource / guide to follow? We'd really appreciate it!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
441 45 47

Hello, 

There are two options to achive this.

1) By creating a schema and assigning the names from the customize section for each section.

2) By adding the static code as given below :- 

{% if collection.handle == "winter-sale" %} Test1 {% else %}
  Test2{% endif %}

By adding the conditions with the collections handle you can do the further changes and can make it work. 

Kindly let me know if you want me to assist you in achieving this.  

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, thanks for responding, although not sure what you mean by 'creating a schema'? And for option 2, adding that static code... Where do I add that? 

0 Likes