Creating a theme

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am trying to create a website on my own. There is this CMS creator called WebFlow. It automatically takes care of all the HTML5 and CSS as well Javascript necessary to have a website run properly.

I am wondering if i can create a website on "Webflow" And upload it as a theme to shopify. There is a website application that can do it. But I want to know If I will be able to drag and drop things appropriately as if it was a regular debut theme from Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1650 206 327

You won't be able to achieve that. Unless, you are doing it as a single-page website and will call all related to Shopify using AJAX.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I read from this website called Udesly.com that they offer the ability to convert Webflow projects to a shopify theme.

You do need to classify certain things etc, though.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
1650 206 327

Maybe. But my point was that just creating the site in WebFlow and upload to Shopify as a theme is not possible.

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

So how do you create themes from scratch then?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1650 206 327

You can take any of the free Shopify themes and build your theme on top of it.

0 Likes