Currency

Solved
Jason-Evans
Tourist
12 0 1

I have a website which is currently in £, I am looking to start selling in Europe. I have managed to get a tab to change all values from £ to €, but is there a way to change all instances of £ to € in the product descriptions on the website dependant on the currency chosen?

Thanks

Jason

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Hi, @Jason-Evans,

Hank here from Shopify.

Are you wanting to change the currency within your store from GBP to Euro? Or is it to give the option for the customer to use their preferred currency when shopping in your store?

If wanting to change the currency, this can be done within your admin by going to your Settings > General menu. If however, you have made your first sale (congrats by the way), this option will be unavailable to you, but I can assist you further with this then.

Or if wanting to sell in multiple currencies, this can be done via a number of different ways, be it with Shopify payments, coding, or third-party apps.

Let me know how you get on, or any questions you have!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jason-Evans
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Hank,

Thanks for your reply, I already have currency activated on the site the if you choose euro all prices show in euro's, but throughout the site I have £ hard coded in I just wondered if there was a script available that would change this symbol dependant on the currency chosen.

Thanks

Jason

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for the additional context.

As it is already hardcoded into the theme, it may require further work on the theme from the likes of a developer or someone familiar with coding. 

What I will do is move this thread to a more applicable board and then hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes