Currency

Solved
Jason-Evans
Tourist
12 0 1

I have a website which is currently in £, I am looking to start selling in Europe. I have managed to get a tab to change all values from £ to €, but is there a way to change all instances of £ to € in the product descriptions on the website dependant on the currency chosen?

Thanks

Jason

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 128 172

Hi, @Jason-Evans,

Hank here from Shopify.

Are you wanting to change the currency within your store from GBP to Euro? Or is it to give the option for the customer to use their preferred currency when shopping in your store?

If wanting to change the currency, this can be done within your admin by going to your Settings > General menu. If however, you have made your first sale (congrats by the way), this option will be unavailable to you, but I can assist you further with this then.

Or if wanting to sell in multiple currencies, this can be done via a number of different ways, be it with Shopify payments, coding, or third-party apps.

Let me know how you get on, or any questions you have!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jason-Evans
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Hank,

Thanks for your reply, I already have currency activated on the site the if you choose euro all prices show in euro's, but throughout the site I have £ hard coded in I just wondered if there was a script available that would change this symbol dependant on the currency chosen.

Thanks

Jason

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 128 172

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for the additional context.

As it is already hardcoded into the theme, it may require further work on the theme from the likes of a developer or someone familiar with coding. 

What I will do is move this thread to a more applicable board and then hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes

Hi @Jason-Evans ! 

As you want to change the currency unit in the Product description, you can take a look at our application - Transcy. 

We provide currency converter tool that assists you with converting store's currency into the currency unit of your target market. 

Moreover, Transcy is available with FREE plan for all users to try out the exclusive features. 

For more information, you can check here: Transcy - Powerful translation & currency converter  

And please feel free to send us direct messages via email and live chat if you need further information: 

- Live chat: Chat with Transcy Team  

- Email: support@fireapps.io 

Hope this post can help. If it is, let us know by giving this a thumb up. 

Thank you and wish you all the best! 

Cheers, 

Transcy Team 

Transcy: A Powerful Translation and Currency Converter
Explore Transcy HERE
0 Likes
maycee
1 0 0

I'm about to open my new store. I made a test check out which the currency is in peso. I want to change it in USD as this is really my target but I can't change it anymore. Pls help! Thank you so much. 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1376 92 187

Hi there @maycee!

Don here from Shopify.

I'm just helping my colleague Hank out here with some replies currently.

If you have already made a sale in your store and wish to change your store currency to another option we can help you to explore that possibility.

Bear in mind that there can be some complications arising from making this change after a sale has been made, as this can affect how your reporting or some third-party apps work.

If you're happy to proceed in light of this knowledge, you'd just need to reach out via our Help Centre here where we'll be able to access and discuss your account securely and help you to make this change. 

Are you looking to sell to the USA as your primary market, and have you thought about what steps you might need to take to reach and serve this market?

Let me know if you have any other questions and we can share any relevant info we have with you here.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 

0 Likes