Custom Code Newsletter Popup For Once Per Session

1 0 0

I'm fairly new to Shopify and customizing the code to make things happen. I'm trying to create my own custom newsletter popup modal because I'm using SalesForce to capture newsletter signups into my database. How do I implement my own custom newsletter popup that displays only once per user session? I've tried to create jquery and boostrap popups but they do no fire when I inject the code in the liquid files. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
529 129 170

Hi, @amanda883 ,

This is Evita from On The Map.

Creating a popup is really hard for a beginner coder. Making the popup jquery and bootstrap is only for frontend (the easiest part), but for backend(saving emails to a database, setting up the database, adding a database to server, that costs money,  using the email in admin panel). For backend, you will need to choose a programming language and for the session, you will need to think about the new algorithm.

For this, you will need to create private app. But your idea is a great way to learn coding. So good luck!

Best,
Evita

On The Map Marketing | Developing custom Shopify Sites & Apps is our thing

- Install our latest app Accessibly - Makes your store accessible for everyone, helps to avoid fines
- Inc 5000 | Shopify Parners | 20+ stores launched | 300+ active clients
- Need help with your Shopify store? Reach out to us!
1 Like