Custom field at checkout

Highlighted
1 0 0

I need to add a custom field at checkout that is a requirement to continue with there order. i will also need to use the content of this field for monthly reporting i.e. export order then sort by the content filled into this field by customers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3244 245 556

Hi Andre, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

There is a way to add a custom field at checkout and make it a requirement to continue with an order. Shopify actually has an advanced tutorial on how to do this which you can see by clicking here. Just to note, this is an advanced tutorial which is not supported by Shopify and would be for someone who has very high developer skills. If this is something you don't feel comfortable with, your best bet would be to reach out to a Shopify Expert directly to implement this as a small task. 

Regarding the reporting side of things. The ability to add a custom report is available from the Shopify advanced plan or above, but adding a new custom field is something which is not possible at this time. I will definitely let our team know about this and add it as a feature request on your behalf. 

All the best. Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Andre,

For the reporting part, our app EZ Exporter can help with this.  The custom fields at checkout are normally captured in Cart Attributes (also known as "Note Attributes") or Line Item Properties.

Our app supports exporiting of both Cart Attirubtes and Line Item Properties.  Each custom cart attribute or line item property can be placed in a separate column in the CSV generated by our app.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions on this.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

But the tutorial you pointed out is for adding a field to the cart not to the checkout page.

Is there a way to add a field to the checkout-page?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
463 0 84

@EliMash There is, but only if your shop is on Plus and has access to the checkout.liquid file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes, i have Shopify plus account and have access to checkut.liquid But in  my theme, checkout file is named with : elevar-checkout-end.liquid PLease let me know next steps how I can add 3 radio buttons on checkout. And Final selected radio button value will be visible somewhere to admin. Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 1

BEST SOLUTION!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 1

@Nick wrote:

Hi Andre, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

There is a way to add a custom field at checkout and make it a requirement to continue with an order. Shopify actually has an advanced tutorial on how to do this which you can see by clicking here. Just to note, this is an advanced tutorial which is not supported by Shopify and would be for someone who has very high developer skills. If this is something you don't feel comfortable with, your best bet would be to reach out to a Shopify Expert directly to implement this as a small task. 

Regarding the reporting side of things. The ability to add a custom report is available from the Shopify advanced plan or above, but adding a new custom field is something which is not possible at this time. I will definitely let our team know about this and add it as a feature request on your behalf. 

All the best. Nick

BEST SOLUTION

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 0

Hi Andre 

Hope you are well 

Just would like to know if you have managed to find a solution to this issue regarding additional fields at checkout.

I also require exactly the same. Will appreciate any assistance.

0 Likes