Custom labels/bubbles on product listing

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi!

We are out of stock of a few of out most popular products and won't be back in stock for at least another month. We are wanting to let customers know that they can contact us to pre-order and avoid missing out on the stock that is incoming as it looks like we will have pre-sold most of it prior to it's arrival. I would like to add a bubble or label on the product listings that tells customers to get in touch with us to pre-order but cannot find anywhere to do this. Our theme is Venue and I have found a place where you can add a custom label but when you edit it it doesn't show up on the listings. 

Any help would be most appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
739 39 125

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @BeerThinker2020.

Tira here, from Shopify.

That's great to hear that your products are selling well. Congrats!

I understand you want to let your customers place an order on your store, even if it's out of stock. Here are a few of my recommendations:

- Are you okay with making coding customizations on your store? If you are, you can set-up pre-orders using our advanced tutorial to sell products that are out of stock. Check out the tutorial in our Shopify Community, here: Product pages - Allow pre-orders for products. Please note that this tutorial won't be compatible with dynamic checkout buttons, so you will need to have these hidden before continuing the tutorial. 

- If you would like to add badges on each of your products indicating they are pre-orders, you can take a look at our App Store for some third-party apps (both free and paid apps) that can help: Badge apps

- I've seen some merchants add a "Back in stock" notification button on their store. (This is also my personal favourite way of buying products without needing to pre-order as a customer.) Whenever a product is sold out, customers can click on a button to be sent a notification once the item is back in stock. You can check out a list of apps that help you add this to your store, here: Back in stock apps. These apps are created by third-party developers, for any questions or comments, you can reach out directly to the third-party app developer by using the information under the "Support" section on the app's page. 

- It sounds like you're using a third-party theme, Venue. Third-party themes are created by third-party developers and would be supported by the third-party developer. I recommend reaching out to them for assistance with the custom label. You can contact them using their contact form or take a look at their documentation here.  

What do you think?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Tira,

Thank you so much for the response that is extremely helpful and exactly the answer I was after. I managed to do a work-around in the meantime by making the stock available to purchase when stock = zero and then editing the product label with a pre-order message which seems to be working well for now. Will certainly keep these details handy for when this happens again which it is bound to at some point!

Cheers,

Willie