Custom landing page

Solved
Tourist
4 0 1

I would like to create a specific landing page for certain customers to get as soon as they sign into their account.  Does anyone know of a good app or how I can do this?

SNT
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1838 173 595

Hello @Shyamala_Nathan

You could add tags to the customers that you wish to treat to a customised landing page. Then you could edit your Templates/customers/account.liquid template and wrap it in an if-else where if customer has a specific tag, show landing page, if not, show regular account page. However, don't forget you'd need to be able to show the account page to the special customers too.

Best wishes!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks for your help Karl

@KarlOffenberger wrote:

Hello @Shyamala_Nathan

You could add tags to the customers that you wish to treat to a customised landing page. Then you could edit your Templates/customers/account.liquid template and wrap it in an if-else where if customer has a specific tag, show landing page, if not, show regular account page. However, don't forget you'd need to be able to show the account page to the special customers too.

Best wishes!

SNT
1 Like
6 0 0

Thanks for this interesting solution, I'd like to try it. But on a simplistic level, where can I find the default (/account) page setting for when a customer successfully signs in? I looked for it in the Templates/customers/account.liquid, but being a rookie at this, perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. I'd like to change that default landing page for successful account sign-in to a collections page for all visitors for now. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Trailblazer
168 1 27

What a great idea. My wholesale customers must log in to access the wholesale area but the first thing they see is the under-utilized account page where they then must reorientate themselves in order to find whichever page prompted them to log in.

@KarlOffenberger I'd love a hint as how to write this if else statement! thanks in advance;)

0 Likes