Custom personalisation field not pulling through on order screen

Aileen4
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi i need some help with the custom text field on my products. Ive managed to add it in so customers can input the data, but when added to the cart or an order is made i cannot see the information they have entered in the orders screen. Any help please i am using the supply theme. thank you

Replies 12 (12)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@Aileen4 

can you please try this code way and check

https://ui-elements-generator.myshopify.com/

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Aileen4
Tourist
9 0 2
Hi I used this to get the personalised text field and added into the theme code and it shows fine on the website but no information is pulled through into the emails, cart or the order screen that’s entered into this field.
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@Aileen4 

you have to use a cart elemets 

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Aileen4
Tourist
9 0 2
Hi thanks for that how do you mean cart elements what should I be looking for to add in and where can I find this
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@Aileen4 

https://ui-elements-generator.myshopify.com/pages/cart-attribute

Aileen4
Tourist
9 0 2
Hi many thanks for this, the problem I’m having i, the custom field shows on the product page no problems but when information is entered it doesn’t show in the order screen so i can’t see what information people have entered into the field.
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@Aileen4 

what do you mean?

Aileen4
Tourist
9 0 2
So the custom text field is showing on my Product on the front end and ive added the relevant code into the product.liquid from the Shopify ui elements generator, but when the field is typed into on the front end nothing shows on the back end in the admin order section so I cannot see what information has been typed into the custom field from the customer.
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@Aileen4 

Shopify product admin doesn't show this details it will show to customer note 

melissatay
Tourist
3 0 3

How can this be done on the dawn theme?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@melissatay 

you have try some way

https://ui-elements-generator.myshopify.com/pages/cart-attribute

boscaljondesign
Tourist
3 0 0

I'm having the same exact issue.  I have a custom field on the product page.  Custom enters custom text into custom field on product page.  When custom checks out and pays, there is no evidence of what was typed in the custom text field anywhere.  It is not in the email to the client and is not available for me to see either.  It is typed on the product page in the custom field text box and after that it disappears and isn't able to be found anywhere after customer checks out.