Customer Address dropdown is only showing 5 addresses

ksquyres
Tourist
8 1 3

When a logged in customer gets to the order page, under saved addresses it only shows 5 addresses and the "use a different address" choice. It doesn't matter how many you have. I have been testing with an account with 12 addresses. I can add more addresses during the order and it will use them and save them. But on the next order it still only shows 5. I haven't picked up on the pattern of which 5. I have another app that may have affected it and that has been removed. I've tried many variations of old account, new account, where the addresses were entered. No success. 

And I just created a completely new Shopify account under a different email. I created a new user under a different email from that one so it wouldn't get confused with the owner email. I created 7 addresses. And only 5 showed up. This is on a brand new account, new default theme, no other changes. Has anyone else seen this? 

Shopify felt like it was the app but the new account would have avoided that. I saw a post from years ago about a customer address limit in place but even if that was it was supposed to be 100 addresses. I have no trouble adding or importing customers and addresses. I just can't see them in the order page. And if a particular address you want doesn't show, the only option is to enter it again. Then you have a duplicate. 

Replies 15 (15)

__cascadia
Shopify Expert
99 18 19

@ksquyres - My gut tells me there is a pagination or object limit being applied to the address loop.  Jump into your "customers/addresses.liquid" template and search for either "pagination" or "limit".  If you see either pop-up and there is a "5" next to them, adjust that to something like "10"and see what happens.

ksquyres
Tourist
8 1 3

You were correct on that. At the top of addresses.liquid is {% paginate customer.addresses by 5 %} with the {% endpaginate %} at the very end. I changed it to 15 and have not gotten any change. I also went to the brand new Shopify account that I setup earlier. It is still all as default. I changed it there and don't see the change either. I removed the paginate tags altogether and I don't see any change. I guess that fix would have been to easy. 

It must be under control elsewhere. Where is the code that collects the addresses? 

HazelChorney
Excursionist
15 0 2

Did you ever find the solution to this?

ksquyres
Tourist
8 1 3
I never found a solution. To my knowledge at this point, it is not a bug but a feature. And there are no plans to change that. I have many customers we imported from our previous site and database that could benefit. Right now, I have been concentrating on an improved customer account that we can control and having them use the address list there that is complete and doing a Send To. Any ideas are appreciated.
HazelChorney
Excursionist
15 0 2

Yep I got with Shopify support and they said that this is just a setting of Shopify. I put in a request with Shopify development to change it to at least 20 saved addresses. They said if they get enough requests for the feature it may be implemented. They gave me a couple apps to look at so I will let you know if I can make any of those work.

Wulihao
Visitor
1 0 0

Any working solution to this? Most of my customer have more than 5 addresses.

giorgiovn
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey guys, did someone find a workaround for this?

One of our clients has 80+ addresses. 

Any idea would be appreciated!

joshpark1
Visitor
2 0 0

Anyone find a work around for this?  Put a lot of time and work into our storefront, and hit this limitation during testing and it's sunk the whole project.  Need to find a work around or we'll have to find another platform.

RikR
Visitor
1 0 1

I also have the same problem. Wonder when would Shopify fix this problem, which is very urgent.

One of my biggest customers have 10 stores/addresses, they have to reselect the addresses typed before, which is not pleasant.

The solution is just increase the limitation of the addresses.

PLEASE pay attention!!!

giorgiovn
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey guys, after weeks and weeks of trying, I ended up choosing the app Giftship. 

it is a paid app but it adds a “multiple shipping” option inside the cart that enables a drop down menu where the customer can select any address. It works even if the customer doesn’t need to ship to multiple addresses!

hope this helps!

@RikR @joshpark1 

Rloechl
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Everyone,

We have a client that is facing an issue similar to what you are all describing. Displaying more than 5 addresses in that drop down box on the Orders screen is possible, but does require Shopify Plus in order to access the checkout liquid files. With Plus, you can pull addresses and add them to the drop down in checkout, then setup a JS listener so that when an option is picked, it fills out the rest of the info.

Plus is expensive, so if this is a must-have feature you're probably best off going with an app like Giftship.

Stefan_VR
Shopify Partner
7 0 4

Same ridiculous issue. 

evolvestudios
Shopify Partner
11 0 1

Same issue here, we had to use GiftShip but its a hack because the person has to select multiple shipping addresses even though they are shipping to one person... Shopify needs to fix this.

Thorsten315
Visitor
1 0 1

I opened a ticket about this last year as well and tried to see if there is an update by now. Back then I was told that this is how it works but they'll file a "customer request". Apparently Shopify gives a s*it about its partners and customers.

MPH-Aix
Visitor
2 0 0

Same problem here. We use Shopify also for wholesales and of course some customers has more than 5 fives adress.

If there is any update...