Customer Address dropdown is only showing 5 addresses

Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

When a logged in customer gets to the order page, under saved addresses it only shows 5 addresses and the "use a different address" choice. It doesn't matter how many you have. I have been testing with an account with 12 addresses. I can add more addresses during the order and it will use them and save them. But on the next order it still only shows 5. I haven't picked up on the pattern of which 5. I have another app that may have affected it and that has been removed. I've tried many variations of old account, new account, where the addresses were entered. No success. 

And I just created a completely new Shopify account under a different email. I created a new user under a different email from that one so it wouldn't get confused with the owner email. I created 7 addresses. And only 5 showed up. This is on a brand new account, new default theme, no other changes. Has anyone else seen this? 

Shopify felt like it was the app but the new account would have avoided that. I saw a post from years ago about a customer address limit in place but even if that was it was supposed to be 100 addresses. I have no trouble adding or importing customers and addresses. I just can't see them in the order page. And if a particular address you want doesn't show, the only option is to enter it again. Then you have a duplicate. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
96 17 18

@ksquyres - My gut tells me there is a pagination or object limit being applied to the address loop.  Jump into your "customers/addresses.liquid" template and search for either "pagination" or "limit".  If you see either pop-up and there is a "5" next to them, adjust that to something like "10"and see what happens.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

You were correct on that. At the top of addresses.liquid is {% paginate customer.addresses by 5 %} with the {% endpaginate %} at the very end. I changed it to 15 and have not gotten any change. I also went to the brand new Shopify account that I setup earlier. It is still all as default. I changed it there and don't see the change either. I removed the paginate tags altogether and I don't see any change. I guess that fix would have been to easy. 

It must be under control elsewhere. Where is the code that collects the addresses? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 2

Did you ever find the solution to this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1
I never found a solution. To my knowledge at this point, it is not a bug but a feature. And there are no plans to change that. I have many customers we imported from our previous site and database that could benefit. Right now, I have been concentrating on an improved customer account that we can control and having them use the address list there that is complete and doing a Send To. Any ideas are appreciated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 2

Yep I got with Shopify support and they said that this is just a setting of Shopify. I put in a request with Shopify development to change it to at least 20 saved addresses. They said if they get enough requests for the feature it may be implemented. They gave me a couple apps to look at so I will let you know if I can make any of those work.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any working solution to this? Most of my customer have more than 5 addresses.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys, did someone find a workaround for this?

One of our clients has 80+ addresses. 

Any idea would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Anyone find a work around for this?  Put a lot of time and work into our storefront, and hit this limitation during testing and it's sunk the whole project.  Need to find a work around or we'll have to find another platform.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I also have the same problem. Wonder when would Shopify fix this problem, which is very urgent.

One of my biggest customers have 10 stores/addresses, they have to reselect the addresses typed before, which is not pleasant.

The solution is just increase the limitation of the addresses.

PLEASE pay attention!!!

1 Like