Customers able to add more items than available to cart including when out of stock.

2 0 1

Hi There May.

I have the same problem. We have a 20 seater restaurant and sell reservations over shopify.

There might be only 2 seats open, but customers are able to add lets say 4 seats to their cart. When they check out there is a small warning and the quantity goes back to two automatically. Problem is people don't read. They just check out and assume they have a reservation for 4 guests. They then show up very annoyed at the restaurant.

I have tried the following fix but it doesn't make any difference.

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/prevent-orders-for-out-of-stock-items

I also have a box with the available amount of seats right next to the quantity selector on the cart page, but still get customers "over booking".

If i can have a pop up message saying that you added more items to the cart than available, like the link claims to do, that would be great.

Would appreciate your help.

0 Likes
Excursionist
11 0 1
Hi, I was reading your issue about the overbooking with the restaurant.
This is a quick note just to comment that I was able to solve it. I just
contacted shopify chat support and with debut theme they give 1 hour of
free customization. In 15 minutes they sorted it out. You can check at
nammu.com with debut theme and should work. Good luck.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you for your reply. After posting I figured out that it was a installed app that was messing with the code in the link i posted.

All sorted.

1 Like