Customers can add and remove their tag's manually?

Yana_Desyatinni
2 0 0

I found that customers can add a custom tag to their tags by form below.

I want to allow my customers edit their tags (add/remove) manually, as they want. So i need a form to remove a customer tag by tag value. Currently i use this form by js (form is hidden).

<form method='post' action='/contact' id='addTag' accept-charset='UTF-8'>
    <input name='form_type' type='hidden' value='customer'/>
    <input name='utf8' type='hidden' value='✓'> 
    <input type='hidden' name='contact[email]' value='{{ customer.email }}'/>
    <input type='hidden' name='contact[tags]' id='add-value' value='TAGHERE' />
</form>

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10272 144 1943

Customer tags need to removed manually, or via an app. They can't be removed via a front end form post.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Yana_Desyatinni
2 0 0

Ho i can implement a working editing (add/remove) customers choises in front end? (i want to customize store on their choises and its important).

Maybe, not by tags, maybe something else? or no other way than pay for dev account and make my app?

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10272 144 1943

If you need to let customers modify their tags via the front end you'd need to use / create an app. The page would talk to the app, which would then modify the customer record. The same goes for if you wanted to use metafields instead of tags.

You don't need to pay to create a developer account. The costs will be your time in app creation, and any relatated app hosting costs.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
welleasy
1 0 0

Is this still unachievable in 2021? Do we still need to build a private app?

0 Likes