Customize 'Buy it Now' button- External Checkout

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi,

Running a store with physical and digital products - www.lizawool.com - No problem with the buying and checkout cycle of physical products.

The problems are with the digital courses- I have created courses on external courses platform with a payment provider other than the one I use on Shopify.

The courses are accessible from a subdomain created under lizawool.com, after payment of course.

Since I cannot use the 'Buy it Button' on a regulare product page, I have created a course purchase page with course description and a CSS styled button, that directs to the course page external checkout page.

Well, using a page to sell products is not comfortabe for styling and management - I would like to sell the courses on a product page, and to do this I need to  customize the Shopify ''Buy It Now'', to direct the customer after click to the external checkout.

Is it possible? I could not find any solution in the community.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

@LKAdmin you will need to create a new product template, replacing the buy it now button code with a reference to a meta field for your link.

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-create-alternate-templates

Alternatively, you can create a new product template without the buy it now button removed and enter the button link in the description HTML.

Please like and mark my post as a solution if I've helped you, thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Thanks for the prompt reply, Clarke.

1. I have followed the link and created a product template, with the new section name, as follows:

{% comment %}
The contents of the product.liquid template can be found in /sections/product-template.liquid
{% endcomment %}

{% section 'smk_product_blocks' %}<div class='smk-sections-above-content'></div>{% section 'SHORTCUTS-COURSE' %}<div class='smk-sections-below-content'></div>
{% section 'product-recommendations' %}<div class='smk-sections-above-footer'></div>

2. Also created a new section- SHORTCUT-COURSE, erased its original content and pasted the ''product-template.liquid'' section content.

Maybe I am missing something but I could not see any mentioning to the 'buy it now' button, only for the 'add to cart'' button, as follows:

<button type="submit" name="add" id="AddToCart" class="btn {{ btn_class }}{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %} btn--secondary{% endif %}">
<span id="AddToCartText">{{ 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t }}</span>
</button>
{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %}
{{ form | payment_button }}
{% endif %}
{% endform %}

2 questions: where do i find the 'buy it now' code piece? 

I don't need the 'add to cart' button as well- if I remove the above code piece, will this hide/delete this button on the product page?

Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted

@LKAdmin for your theme you would replace the "add to cart" with your external link.

also remove the following code to remove the Paypal button

{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %}
{{ form | payment_button }}
{% endif %}

Please like and mark my post as a solution if I've helped you, thanks.
0 Likes