Customized Checkout no longer available: ACTION REQUIRED!!!

Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Can you help me to hide the thumbnail displayed by default on the checkout page?

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

So today I talked to Shopify yet again about this issue. The tech support guy was very nice and understanding but one of the issues is that when we call support we are only getting the first level guy, not anyone who can actually help us out. This would require upper level management and I have yet to get through to anyone.

The initial suggestion is to first create enough income off of the Shopify Basic income and then upgrade to Shopify Plus where I could then customize the CSS code. While this sounds reasonable for many businesses it's not a solution for my business. I first must make the website and checkout a seamless, unified experience before I can start my business. Like I said before I spent more than $5,000 and 2 years of work to customize the CSS to work seamless with my website and it was successful. A month later, Shopify pulled the rug from underneath me. 

As long as I'm not gernerating income through Shopify why wouldn't Shopify give us an option to upgrade to Shopify Plus, get our websites running smoothly, then start making money for both parties? I can not afford $300 a month and another 2 years of payments to my coder to start from scratch to re-customize the CSS code. 

If I were selling t-shirts or sneakers I could do a work around. I would design the website so it looks like the checkout cart. But I'm not doing this. My entire website is coded from scratch and it has to be seamless.

Please, Shopify, help me.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
156 4 13

@Vutronic Ya, sure

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

@davidhunternyc  looks like we're in the same boat. I'm already in the process of  moving to WooCommerce. I have a feeling Shopify will make more stupid decisions in the future that can ruin our business.

0 Likes
9 0 0

... but WooCommerce is a Wordpress plug-in? You will still need a payment gateway. I will check it out but I don't think that it is a replacement for Shopify. Magento would be the ultimate customizeable solution except it is outrageously expensive. 

0 Likes