Customized Checkout no longer available: ACTION REQUIRED!!!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 10

Time to reply, Shopify Lead Developer and Product Manager...

Someone who actually KNOWS something about this part of the system needs to respond please - With some details about what is or is not actually in the works, why or why not, and rough time frames.

You don't need to hide behind any public company nonsense that you can't talk about anything at anytime because of securities regulations. If you have good reasons for not tackling this issue, let us know. If you have development priorities and this is a huge development issue because of 1..., 2..., 3..., let us know.

Let us know what the heck is going on and what your plans are. It's simply good business.

p.s. One of the reasons I make a post like this (and expect a response) is because this is such a great company and great product in general. Support is awesome. But you lose a lot of goodwill (and business) when a key issue like this continues to simmer, with no reasonable response or action plan to give your customers what they want and need. Just like the airlines - the more they keep the passengers in the waiting lounge in the dark about a weather delay or maintenance issue, the angrier the crowd gets. And who would ever want to be compared to any of the airlines :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
41 0 16

+1

Here is another reason we need CSS customisation:

We have a situation where we need to hide the discount/coupon box (for certain customers with a 'wholesale' tag), which used to be possible using CSS.

Edit:
The reason we need to hide the discount/coupon box is because of yet another Shopify Shortfall: We don't want Wholesale customers (who get access to wholesale pricing) to be able to use discount coupons. If Shopify would build a proper customisable Coupon system, with multiple rules, we wouldn't have this problem.
(Note: I've heard all the workarounds to this discount problem: none of them will work. Shopify's discount system just straight out SUCKS)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
465 0 35

Time to start using the Javascript injections :)

Trevor www.carlowseo.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
690 0 69

@carlow @jason has been main-lining that for a long time now. @jason how would one know about said fucking underscores? What sorcery is this?

I'm a million different people
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9887 100 1728

@rickydazla - Info about the hidden line item properties is in the docs - no magic licence required. There was some mention of it here on the forums too, but you'd have to be a serial lurker to notice that post before it was buried in the new ones.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
690 0 69

noice

I'm a million different people
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
465 0 35
@jason has saved more people than he knows with that nice trick... But I bet it is just a matter of time before that gets stopped too. Don't understand why other than to push plus memberships for the ability to stylized them
Trevor www.carlowseo.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 3

+1 for access to CSS customization in the checkout.

And kudos to @jason for his trick.

@shopify, if CSS customization will *never* be in the plans, we would appreciate the following:

1. option to hide entering discount codes
  2. option to hide just the discount code entered

These 2 are important due to other limitations in Shopify since it has very little support for core wholesale features.

If older accounts can still have CSS customization, surely it can't be difficult to allow new installations to have this feature. This decision, amongst many others piling up, is truly bizarre.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
64 0 4

I would at least put a warning on the notice on settings/checkout about upgrading to V2 - I have had a few upgrade and lost scss customizations.. Even a revert would be helpful, you could even put a timelimit on it like you did with the facebook shopping app.  

Shopify Design, Development, SEO, Social Media, Marketing and Support - realmwebdesign.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

So if I understand well, I can't have a checkout page that shows dual language at once since that liquid file has been hidden?

on a separate note, I have to say, for a Canadian company, the lack of bilinguistic support is f. appaling.

0 Likes