Customized Checkout no longer available: ACTION REQUIRED!!!

Excursionist
40 0 8

This is a strange decision at best.  Just let people use css... 

1 Like
Excursionist
79 0 9

I just want to say I'm beyond frustrated by this decision. It would seem to me that the onus to make sure nothing breaks with customizations during platform upgrades is on the theme developer, not the platform. You can easily allow for customized CSS knowing full well it's on the shop / theme devs to update when changes are made to Checkout. Especially if you actually notify your "partners" of the upcoming changes so they have time to react.

1 Like
2 0 0

I just want the ability to force my customers to use the same address for shipping and billing.  We have found that the vast majority of fraudulent orders we receive are with differing addresses.. so this is a fraud reduction issue.

We are perfectly fine making the rare customer call in who need to ship somewhere else, so they can talk to us and we can make a better fraud analysis.

Once our store gets forced to the next gen (v2) we are either going to be automatically cancelling orders with differing addresses (yay for lost money) or finding some other cart solution that lets us do what we need to do.

I don't care if it is a CSS trick to hide the selection checkbox (what we currently do) or a toggle in admin.  Just please give us this fraud prevention tool.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Is it possibe to rearrange the order of payment method? I activated both credit card and custom (bank transfer) and would like the custom method to be the default. I'm based in Indonesia and bank transfer is a much more common way of transacting online. Some people got confused thinking we only take credit card

Can we please make this possible?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
36 0 3

Right now I saw on my clients shops that Shopify is pushing the new Checkout on the Admin Home.

I really don't like that as right now I made CSS changes to the old responsive checkout that my customers absolutely need. We use CSS to add extra information about the delivery address, PO boxes are not allowed and when customers choose for FedEx shipping they need to choose an address where someone is available to sign for the package. Since we made that changes they got a lot less trouble and unhappy customers. 

If they don't have that changes to the checkout they get a lot of issues, packages get returned after a couple of missed deliveries and that will cost them lots of money.

I warned them not to upgrade, but right now it's pushed actively so it will be a matter of time before they do click the upgrade and I know who they are going to call to get it fixed. I don't want to be the one that tells them this change is not possible anymore, the new checkout might be an upgrade, but from my customers point of view it's a very big downgrade and I hope that won't be a dealbreaker that will eventually cause them to look elsewhere.

I get that Shopify needs to standardise a lot, but we (partners & experts) and merchants really need more flexibility to the responsive checkout!!

0 Likes
3 0 2

This is ridiculous.

After "upgrading" to the new checkout, we can no longer:

1. Change button text color. It's ugly and unreadable because you can only change the background color in the customizer.
  2. Hide the PayPal checkout button. This is confusing to the user, as the way it is displayed doesn't make it look like an option.  
  3. Change the logo size to our liking
  4. Other small CSS tweaks to match the brand

#2 especially is a big deal as it can lead to a drop in sales.

"Upgrading" should not reduce the number of features, with us finding no way to then downgrade to how it was before. 

This is upsetting. A lot of Shopify users and developers are frustrated at the lack of action from the Shopify team to do anything. If you aren't going to open up checkout.scss to be used again, at least put in more options into the customizer ASAP!

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 2

This is why I am hesitant about upgrading! We the store owners pay a lot of money each month to Shopify and I feel like we should be able have a say so in this.

Aromatherapy Naturals www.aromatherapynaturals.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
120 0 24

Anyone know something about the new checkout api?

anything of interest here?

https://www.shopify.com/enterprise/98548614-introducing-shopify-scripts-checkout-api-a-giant-leap-fo...

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

It is only available if you are on the Plus Plan.

Aromatherapy Naturals www.aromatherapynaturals.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
120 0 24

Shopify is really making it difficult here. 

1 Like