Customizing cart attributes for different shipping options

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi

I'm facing difficulties implementing cart attributes for different shipping options.

The solution for my problem might not be cart attributes.

I want to have a special required field for customers choosing a pallet shipment. For garden furniture etc.

However, for customers who uses regular shipment should not see this field. 

Hope anyone can help.

Thanks

Rasmus

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
96 17 18

This is an accepted solution.

@Hoslange - You are not able to modify the checkout page functionality (which is where the shipping method is selected) so your approach won't work.  As a workaround, you can require a cart page to be shown prior to entering checkout and add the desired shipping method and additional cart attribute there.

Regardless, the code required for this would be on the more advanced side and would recommend hiring a Shopify Expert to assist with the development.

Hope this helps and mark this as closed if it answers your question!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Cascadia Thank you for you quick response. I've tried added cart attributes succesfully on my cart page. However, the problem with this, is that it kinda ruins the flow for a customer if the customer uses regular shipping. I'm not trying to change way the checkout Works. I'd like to add a field for customers, who gets there products shipped using pallets, where they can tell me where they want it delivered or whether tehy want to talk to the delivryman himself. Rasmus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
96 17 18

@Hoslange - Totally understand the flow is less than desirable.  The issue is that since the shipping method is selected during checkout, adding a dynamic field based on that selection is not possible (ie. requires checkout to be modified).

Shopify allows for custom fields to be assigned at the product level and at the cart-level.  Either way, neither would be associated with the final shipping method since it is selected at checkout (as stated above).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
96 17 18

@Hoslange - Feel free to mark this post as solved as it appears your initial question has been answered and helps others looking for similar info!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 1

I am having an issue using create a label function in shopify- it does not pull from the seco custom attributes fields i have created in the check out flow. 

I need this data to be pulled onto a shipping label. Any suggestions. I have a drop down with the possible shipping locations and customers select specific address- yet when I click create label the billing info is pulled and not the SEeco custom attribute data selected by the customer on the bottom of the cart page. (store: www.emmaspremiumservices.com

0 Likes