DEBUT THEME: Consistent product dimensions?

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Hello! I'm currently trying to keep the same dimensions for product photography on the website I'm working on. 

I referred to this example but somehow it doesn't work. Can someone help me out with this?  Would I need to install an integration or app to do this? https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Products-consistent-sizing-Debut-theme/m-p/704024#M17...

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 14.58.04.png

I want these photo containers above to have a fixed width and height so that they can be aligned exactly according to those predetermined dimensions.

For reference:

Web Link: https://emildific.com/

Password to enter is emildific

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1380 134 373

Hey there, @stellaa 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

That is a great question, I'm more than happy to help out! To make your images appear to be the same size, you need to use a consistent aspect ratio, or height-to-width ratio, for all the images that you add as your featured, or main, images. For square product images, a size of 2048 x 2048 px usually looks best so you will need to resize your photos so that they are all this size or the same size to look more uniform in your store. When product images are shown side by side on collection pages, they have different sizes.

We have a helpful guide here all about the Debut theme and everything you should know about it. I hope this helps but please let me know if you need anything else at all. I am always happy to help!

I also checked in with our themes team and they have advised that if you use the code to force those images to be square then they will either be cropped off or they will be distorted (stretched/compressed). They have advised that you ensure you upload square images and that you follow the ratios I have listed above. You can find some image editor apps here or you can use a third-party website from Google. Once they are all edited, you could use an app like this one to bulk upload the images once you have them completed. That would be the fastest workaround at the moment. I hope this helps! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution tellpopeyes

0 Likes