[Debut] Centre logo and shift menu to the left in header

7 0 0

Hello everyone,

My question pertains to the header in the Debut theme. Currently, my page looks like this:

I would like to centre the logo in the header. I understand that there is an option to do this in the Debut theme settings, but the end result looks like the screenshot below and takes up too much vertical space.

I have created a mockup of my desired result, where the logo is centred and the menu is on the left. How can I achieve this?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
45 0 6

Hey!

Ciara here from Shopify. Thanks for posting. :)

So there's a snippet of code that you could add to your theme liquid somewhere around here.

But because you are using a free Shopify theme, you are eligible for some design time for customisations if you wish?

I will happily send this off to our theme wizards for work for you if you like?

Just send an email with a link to this forum post to support@shopify.com, and then the system will respond by giving you a ticket number.

Once you get the ticket number, just post that number here, and I'll find your email in our system. Then I will chat with our theme devs about it and see about a customisation for you :)

Let me know if you'd rather try the coding yourself, and I'll get some advice on that precisely and post it for you here instead if you'd rather.

Hope this finds you well :)

?

Ciara G | Shopify
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello Ciara G,

I would prefer to try the coding. Could you shed some more light on how to do it?

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello Ciara,

Would you be able to provide some instructions on how I could code the header myself such that the logo is centred and the menu is to the left? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also wondering how to code my header such that the logo is centered and the menu is to the left. If someone could explain how to code for this in debut theme that would be great. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Bump

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
89 0 4

For this need bit of codding in header liquid file or in css file 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi Nilesh,

I figured it may have to do with the header.liquid file. I have pasted the contents of the file into PasteBin at https://pastebin.com/PBBuZZWv. I have tried playing with a couple parameters but no luck. Any chance you can take a look an advise where edits are required? 

Appreciate it!

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Bump

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

No update on this? I just got started with Shopify, and I don't have any idea how to achieve this centered logo and navigation.

0 Likes