Debut Header Text

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Guys,

My theme is Debut.

I've changed the CSS on my site so it's got a darker colour on the top, and lighter colour on the body. However, I want to change the colour of the text on the header. I've managed to get icons to change, but can't seem to code the text to change. Any tips would be greatly received. 

Cheers,

Jack

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2503 171 378

Hi Jack, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I just checked and changing the colour of the text for the header should be no problem at all. It would require some minor code change. To do this you would need to find the stylesheet within the Edit HTML section in the Assets folder and you're looking for a file called theme.scss.liquid and you will be adding your changes to the very bottom of this file. It's very important not to change any code in the middle of the file as the SCSS file cannot be rolled back, so if there's a problem with new code it is easy to find it at the bottom. You could add this code to the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid file. 

If you don't feel like this is something you are comfortable with changing, because this is a Shopify developed theme, this is something our theme support team could look into changing for you if you like. Don't hesitate to respond in this thread and let me know or reach out to our support team from the link here

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
12 0 0

@Nick wrote:

Hi Jack, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I just checked and changing the colour of the text for the header should be no problem at all. It would require some minor code change. To do this you would need to find the stylesheet within the Edit HTML section in the Assets folder and you're looking for a file called theme.scss.liquid and you will be adding your changes to the very bottom of this file. It's very important not to change any code in the middle of the file as the SCSS file cannot be rolled back, so if there's a problem with new code it is easy to find it at the bottom. You could add this code to the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid file. 

If you don't feel like this is something you are comfortable with changing, because this is a Shopify developed theme, this is something our theme support team could look into changing for you if you like. Don't hesitate to respond in this thread and let me know or reach out to our support team from the link here

All the best, Nick

there is no code to paste

0 Likes