Debut Theme: Add Footer Columns similar to www.shopify.com

Highlighted
3 0 2

Hi 

I'd love to add 3-4 footer columns to my site, similar like Shopify does on their site (www.shopify.com).

I use the Debut theme. 

Can someone give me a step-by-step guide on what to do?

I have read various posts in this forum, but none of those I found apply to the debut theme.

Thank you very much,

Andrea

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 66

Hi, Andrea. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

Is there a reason why you've decided to use Debut rather than other themes that have columns built-in to their design? For example, free theme Venture, looks like this:

There are also some other options listed here in the Themes Store. 

The way the footer is built in Debut, you're able to add several menus with multiple items and stack them in rows one above the other. Here's an example of that in my test shop

This then condenses, if necessary, in mobile view:

If that's not really what you had in mind, you could ask our Themes team to make some adjustments over email. Send the details to support@shopify.com be sure to share why this would be important for your site and business! What do you envision in full screen vs mobile, etc.

Alternatively, you might still get a reply from one of the forums community members here! If not, an Expert could be hired for customizations and integrations.

I hope that helps a bit as you look to perfect your site. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Max, 

How do you get "Primary" and "additional" menu? I have the Debut theme but it doesn't let me do that. 

1.png

0 Likes