Debut Theme Causing Excessive Cumulative Layout Shifts and doesn't comply with Core Web Vitals

styleseal
Tourist
12 0 3

The product page on the Debut Theme scores badly on Google's Core Web Vitals, due to Cumulative Layout Shift over 0.25 for mobile. It seems the offending element is the product-template, more specifically the image slider. Are there any plans from Shopify to address this issue?

cls.png

0 Likes
styleseal
Tourist
12 0 3

Here is the report from Searc h Console:

Screenshot 2021-03-30 102942.png

0 Likes
Alone_Equipment
2 0 0

Something that worked for me was changing the default sort of collections to manual. It seems that having the sort on anything else destroys the CLS for our store.  

0 Likes
styleseal
Tourist
12 0 3

Thanks, but this is on the product page, not the collection page. On the product page there are no sorting options.

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10275 144 1945

Let's start with a link to the shop in question. I can see from what's been posted it appears to be related to the slider which makes sense. The slider is something that could impact on the layout and positioning of objects within a page, especially if the images are of different heights (forcing the page to grow and shrink to fit them). There's a lot of different version of each theme, and most merchants have some form of customisation or app in place. This makes the need for a link to see it live even more useful for conversations.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
styleseal
Tourist
12 0 3

Ok, here is a link you can try:

https://style-seal.com/collections/air-masks/products/zorro-black-air-mask

I reduced the number of images so the mobile slider isn't activated, but it didnt help.

0 Likes
Moonizip
Tourist
9 0 5

Hi, have you fixed this issue? I'm having the same problem. 

The big Google update is coming soon!

0 Likes