Debut Theme - Change variant by clicking on their thumbnail images

Solved
GetOrchard
Excursionist
28 2 4

In Debut theme, when viewing a product I would like it so when someone clicks the different product images it changes the variant corresponding to that. So if someone clicks a picture of a white case vs a black case it will change the variant automatically. Currently Debut doesn't let you do this. I tried to input some code that I found around online but none seem to work for the Debut Theme.

Could anyone help lend a hand please?

My website is: https://orchard-accessory-store.myshopify.com/

Password is frawgh

Thank you all for your help I appreciate it

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
78 24 11

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @GetOrchard

Happy to help lend a hand here. Was the code that you tried to input from our help document linked here? We have this help document for this reason, and it is compatible with the Debut theme. I recommend trying these steps, as this should resolve the issue. We have help documentation on editing your theme code for further information and best practices. 

If this was the tutorial you tried to follow, and would like some assistance implementing this code successfully, our Support team may be able to help. If you are on the Shopify Basic plan or higher, and are using a free Shopify theme, then you are eligible for 60 minutes of complimentary design support. There is more about this under Support for themes. Any requests must go through our Support team, and fall within our Design Policy. If you would like to go with this route, please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request with our team. 

Other than this, how is the rest of your store set up going? While you're getting set up, I recommend following our general checklist for starting a store. It's great to run through to make sure you've covered all the main items before launching. Each item is also linked to the relevant help document in our Help Center which is great for more information. 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes